SCImago Journal & Country Rank released today a new update incorporating Scopus records belonging to the year 2008. This major update entails the inclusion, for the first time, of complete citation and publication data from Scopus 2008 dataset as well as the availability, on the SJR website, of indicators for journals and countries for that year. In terms of coverage, the update implies the inclusion of new titles coming from the recent Scopus inclusion of ERIH's Art and Humanities. In addition, a new journal assessment feature was added to the website, consisting of the inclusion of Journal's SJR indicator Quartiles. We describe below some important facts about the update.
This update involves the processing of publication and citation data of Scopus 2008 Collection. Also, as in precedent updates, retrospective data have been processed to increase the coverage of titles not yet fully indexed. After the update, SJR include 17,124 titles.
SJR indicator Quartiles
In order to offer a framework to facilitate journal assessment, SJR Journal Profile Pages show now journal's SJR indicator Quartiles for each subject category in which they are included. It can be viewed in the small icons alongside Subject Categories Labels stating Q1, Q2, Q3 and Q4.
SJR is getting social
SRG SCImago Research Group has started up Facebook and Twitter accounts to get in touch with users. These new channels will serve as a communication line between SRG products and its users. We will use them to release any important information regarding SCImago Journal & Country Rank and SCImago Institutions Rankings, but also we will gather your suggestions and will resolve your questions. Fell free to use Facebook and Twitter buttons on SJR Homepage.
SJR Usability Improvements
Some usability improvements have been carried out throughout the website, including the following:
- Section Names on the Navigation Menu were modified so they are more intuitive.
- Charts and Tables in Journal Profile Pages were split into tabs to facilitate data inspection.
- Chart titles and descriptions in Journal Profile Pages were improved to facilitate the understanding of what they show.
- Direct link from journals to other journals published by the same publisher were included in Journal Profile Pages
- Some minor design modifications have been implemented to improve user experience: title colors, new design of tagline, country names replaced by flags in the rankings, etc.
- Links to SRG SCImago Research Group's Facebook page and Twitter account.
SJR indicators were recalculated to entirely accommodate the bibliometric information provided by these new data.
Top 10 Journals by SJR
- Annual Review of Immunology (SJR: 16,2; H-Index: 179)
- Cell (SJR: 12,8; H-Index: 431)
- Annual Review of Biochemistry (SJR: 11,6; H-Index: 165)
- Ca-A Cancer Journal for Clinicians (SJR: 11,33; H-Index: 69)
- Nature Genetics (SJR: 10,63; H-Index: 311)
- Annual Review of Cell and Developmental Biology (SJR: 9,49; H-Index: 124)
- Nature Immunology (SJR: 8,59; H-Index: 184)
- Cancer Cell (SJR: 8,53; H-Index: 127)
- Immunity (SJR: 8,37; H-Index: 212)
- Annual Review of Neuroscience (SJR: 8,21; H-Index: 128)